Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sisters

The picture of the two sweet beauties to your right are sisters and they love each other (most of the time). As I age, my sisters have become more important to my well being and I want to be in contact with them often. Coming from a large Irish/Italian Catholic family, I have 4 sisters.
One sister in particular is my phone sister. She is not really interested in e-mail. She is a great listener and we share a lot. When I talk to her, it feels like I am journaling - from my heart,mind,mouth to her ears. She affirms and cajoles. She has my mother's Irish wit. As a young girl her tonque was sharp and cutting. Now she edits more. We all (including my two bros) have survived many losses. One of our main survival mechanisms is that we are "doers".Couch potatoes do not like hanging around us for too long. And we are communicators. A dear and quick-witted friend sums us up this way "The M...... girls; never an unspoken thought. And so it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment