Wednesday, September 9, 2009

living wide open

When I need to get back to "big mind" I usually pick up something written by Dawna Markova, an exquisite writer. The inspiration for her Wide Open poem came from the Nobel prize-winning poet Octavio Paz who asked himself this question every morning " How do I live in the great gift of life without hesitation, ambivalence, or reservation? How do I live without pushing life or love away?


WIDE OPEN

I will not die an unlived life

I will not live in fear

of falling or catching fire

I choose to inhabit my days

to allow my living to open me,

to make me less afraid,

more accessible

to loosen my heart

until it becomes a wing

a torch,a promise.

I choose to risk my significance;

to live so that which come to me as seed

goes to the next as blossom

and that which came to me as blossom,

goes on as fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment